Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Bareback for the soul

Well poo. I was sort of hoping (and maybe expecting) to get done early today and be able to sneak in a ride. But alas... twas not to be. In fact, I even turned down an extra horse and still didn't get home in time. BUT, luckily Mike said he was fine if I hopped on bareback for a few minutes before I fed the horses, thus postponing cooking the humans dinner. So I did. 

Ahhhhhhhh.... my heart and soul needed this. I just put the rope halter on and looped the end of the lead back through and hopped on. We walked out to the top of the hill... and then Sissy came ZOOMING at us, let out a huge buck and fart and tore off. And Dan was SUPER! He didn't do anything. Which is good, because... bareback... halter.. no helmet...  Then she came tearing back... then reared up at us. Then took off again and wiped out going around the roundpen too fast. Ha ha.. I do NOT think she'll be a barrel horse. ha! Then she snuck up behind us and suddenly my knee got really warm from her breath. Goober! But Dan was great. He didn't do anything. We even trotted a tiny bit when the other two were a little farther away and not so threatening. 

We didn't ride long, but it was totally worth it. 









No comments:

Post a Comment