Thursday, March 24, 2022

Rana Ride

So... we had a lesson today and Rana rode him. She thinks that if we do one month of just rehab riding to move his energy ball back underneath him, instead of in front of him, we can get back on track. (I feel like we said this last month too, but... we also didn't quite do the rehab riding like we should have because I was still gathering information and my wits). 

She rode and worked on small counted steps. One foot at a time. Slow it down Dan... stay balanced. She's teaching him a half halt essentially, which will rock his balance back. Sigh.... I hate that I have to keep starting over. I feel like I've been starting over all the freaking time... when will I get to start over, do it right, and be able to keep going? Don't answer that... sigh. I know. 

But... after I turned him out tonight and tossed hay, he walked back up to the gate to snuggle for a minute. Which is so unlike him. I think he was saying "thanks for hearing me and trying to fix me". I hope so anyways. Granted, he also wanted his butt scratched but he snuggled for a minute or two first, so.. legit snuggles. :) 




Ahhh, I just love him so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment