As much as he can be. :)
Today was Dan's day to go to Ashland. He got in big trouble though before we even got there. He stalled on the way to the trailer but at least he peed pretty quickly when he stopped and didn't stop multiple times. But when I went to put the trailer camera up, he smacked me with his mouth in the shoulder. Dude.. that hurts!! I know he didn't bite me... but still.. watch your giant head and quit slinging it at me! I yelled at him and then told him to stop being such a butt! Grrrr.
But then by the time we got to Ashland we had both forgotten and he was decent for being tacked up. It helped that we were chatting to Amanda who was there, so I was distracted and didn't pay too much attention to his snarky faces. If there were any. :)
We headed out and had a great time. He still feels a bit weak/wobbly/sticky in his hind end at the walk. But he was game and walking forward, abeit not as fast as he used to. We trotted a good bit and he feels perfectly fine when he trots. And then, because I wanted to get some cantering in, we cantered. And then we cantered some more. So, we had a lovely hack all through Ashland, aiming for some hills, and we trotted and cantered and walked. I kept the canter bits short and pulled him up as soon as he gave an inclination of wanting to pull up or starting to think about faltering. And his hind end behaved! He even got a little wild hair in one of the fields and took off with me! Not a full out gallop but fast enough that it was a tiny bit intimidating in the bosal! Especially because he put his head down and contemplated bucking. Once I got over the "shock" of it and the split second of "please don't hurt yourself or trip" I relaxed and we had fun and then I was able to pull him up. Glad you've still got it in you sir!
We went to the lake and splashed but I told him NO SWIMMING. Not with the saddle. And then we walked back. Well, we trotted a tiny bit to make sure he wasn't sore from the gallop, but he wasn't.
Good pony! You've redeemed yourself from earlier. And you're so cute!































No comments:
Post a Comment