ugh.. awful ride. had lesson with judy at lindas.
warmed up briefly. rode in the new pad liner and pretty pad. Not sure I like it. Not contoured and too big. sigh... but not sure he cared. maybe that's why he was naughty though??
practice and did okay in the beginning but he hates the stop and go. had some issues at the gate but it got nice after a time or two. did the livestock pen decently. double slalom was okay but he started to get fussy and was either rushing on the forehand or rocking back and then walking. And then not listening... like I'd ask him to go and he wouldn't.. or I'd ask him to turn or to half halt or halt and he would just ignore me. He started hopping up in the air and wanting to canter... or slamming on the breaks. sigh... I got mad. i tried not to.
did the switch cup backing up thing.. and it was awful. Linda said i was in his face so to be softer and not keep yanking on him. So I tried... just tried "Schusshing" and kicking my legs forward. didn't really work. THen we did one step back and release... then one step and release.. then one step and release. which kind of worked but then he still got fishtaily. then she had me lift my hands.. because he's diving on his forehand and dragging me down and he can't back on the forehand. So lifting my hands UP (NOT BACK) did help. but then he was also being naughty and I got mad and then he wouldn't go forward... ugh... i lost my temper and was kicking him and then he just got mad. But we finally did manage to do it decently twice.
then tried the bull line and then the jump. he was sassy over the jump. then tried the bull line and jump with the garocha pole in hand... still naughy. then did the single slalom and he just ran at them... and it was awful. finally had to sit trot and slow him way the freak down. got better but ...
the whole ride was just frustrating. it's the same thing the last few rides. I can't seem to find the happy place. He's hanging on me or I'm hanging on him. He's ducking to avoid contact but then he's running away on the forehand and way too big in his stride if I don't. and then i'm not riding with my body, i'm resorting to my hands, but then he feels like he's ignoring my legs unless i get him with my spur. So i cried... and it's just.. embarassing. Linda thought I was a decent enough rider to ask me to ride her horse and then I have a meltdown and lose my temper and blame my horse....
ugh...
shockwaved his stifles and SI joints when we got home. and he was still being a butt... hosed him off and kicked him out.
will apologize tomorrow. also, off BC again because of my stupid boobs... so that's not helping.
photos: 8-26 oooof . videos from judy
No comments:
Post a Comment