Howdy Partners! We're western now :) Officially! Well, ha.. almost officially... we were a bit wenglish today. ;)
But we did our first western show. And he rocked it!!!
We entered the Ashland show and signed up to ride the Working Equitation test and Western Dressage Level 1 test 1. And my saddle wasn't quite ready so I borrowed the DP western saddle from Kaitlyn. But we had my english stirrups because her fenders were too long. I did put her western stirrups on my leathers though, so maybe no one noticed. ;) ha ha...
After our bath we headed to Ashland and he was so good hanging out. We got tacked up and warmed up and he was great. There were zero issues with him in the bosal at the show. I was a little worried with all the commotion that he would be a bit feral and I'd have no control but he wa great!
We did our Working Eq test first and he was super. We were maybe a little stiff and needed more bend, but we still managed to score a 70.1 or something in our Working Eq test! Whooo hooo! Grante,d it's walk trot but still. We had a long break so I untacked and let him chomp some hay while I went to shop. They had the tack trailer there and I wanted to see if she had any western show shirts. I also ran into friends and chatted. I ended up buying two shirts and a belt. Not western though. Then I got him tacked back up and we warmed up again. He was definitely more tired and it got way hotter. But he put in a good effort and our test was nice. We scored a 65.4, which was just 0.2 pts higher than Judy, who also had a lovely test. So we beat her by the skin of our teeth. She scored a 68 on her 1-2 test!! But it was so fun to have her competing too.
And.. Mark is bringing my saddle tomorrow! ha ha. Fine timing ;) But still...












No comments:
Post a Comment