Sunday, April 26, 2026

Ahhhh... unwinding

 

Ooof, I needed this today! I am so stressed. I had a very mild panic attack. I had the dream that there were no breaks on the horse trailer again. I'm overwhelmed.. burnt out... burnt to a crispy fried crisp!! I've got so much to do. BUT... Mike went to the mountains and he told me to go ride, so... I'm a good wife and gonna do what the hubs told me to do. :) Ahhhh.. I love that man. 

 

So I took Dan to Ashland (and took Funny later too!). 

 

We had a lovely hack. I did almost get dumped because as we were coming down the wooded path behind the paddocks towards the green lake, there was a truck with a flatbed trailer coming down the hill to go get hay. They were oblivious to the fact that I was in the woods (Assuming they couldn't see me, but.. maybe they didn't bother looking) and it was RATTLING loudly!! Bouncing and making all sorts of racket. Dan was not a happy camper and was on the edge of bolting. And I was in the hack. But luckily he held it together and they passed us and moved on and he took a breath and was fine. Phew. But then I started to worry about him getting tripped up in the get down rope. I've got to find a way to wrap it/carry it better. We had a lovely hack in the woods though. 

 

Then we went to the arena and played with the WE test and did some other fun things. We even cantered! I'm really struggling though at the canter with my stirrups. When I need to use my leg and squeeze to keep him cantering, I end up standing on my stirrups and my foot slides up in my boot. It almost slid OUT OF MY BOOT twice today! Egads.. I'm gonna have to figure out how to make this better. Like.. USE MY SEAT!?? ha ha. But it's hard! He was a good boy though. And I feel SOOO much better now!

 
So then we walked back to the trailers and ran into some friends. Callan was on the ground and walked up and gave him pats and he wasn't too snarly. :) But he was snarly for grooming. I think he's due for some body work. I did play with the tuning forks with him tonight. He liked them! 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment