YAHOO!!! We got our saddles!!! Mark was super nice and delivered me and Sharon's saddles to us at Ashland. Sadly, he and his wife couldn't join us for a ride, but.. at least we got our saddles and he could check the fit and we were able to go hack! They are gorgeous and well worth the wait!
We fitted Baylors' to him and it looked great. Then we tried to do Dan. He was in a MOOD and super bouncy and wiggly. We managed to get it on him and get him cinched up, but not the back cinch. But Mark said I didn't need it anyways. Dan was too bouncy for Mark to really get a good check, but he seemed pretty confident with it. And he made me shims for my saddle pad until he fills out a bit, so yay!
So off we went! It was fun and the saddle is comfy. We mostly walked but tried a little trotting and cantering to check them out. Man... I gotta get my western sea legs under control. It's a bit different and is going to take some getting used to! When we finished our ride I realized that my cinch was apparently way too loose because my saddle was halfway down Dan's back! Ha ha. Not really, but... it had definitely slid back. But he didn't seem to care. I'm sure I'll get the hang of doing up the cinch and hopefully Dan won't be as wiggly and silly as he was today so I'll get it situated better too.


























No comments:
Post a Comment