Tuesday, October 22, 2024

Grateful

 And stressing!!!

 

I'm trying hard NOT to stress. I trust God... I trust His plan... I've heard Him... I've appreciated the signs He's sent... but I'm still a worried momma. Dan has surgery on Thursday. I'm praying hard that I've made the right choice... that I heard God correctly... that Dan makes smart choices and gets up from anesthesia uneventfully.... that he and I both survive the rehab/stall rest and that at the least he's comfortable for trail rides and farting around. If we get more comfort and get to do more than that, that is icing on the cake. And I'm hoping and praying for that. I would LOVE to be able to get my bronze on him... let him strut in the show ring.... I would LOVE to be able to do a Training Three Day with him.... I would love to do more parades and beach rides and chase cows and fox hunt... and just enjoy him doing all the fun things. But, ultimately, he's so much fun hacking out on the trails, that if that's all we can do comfortably, that's enough. 

 

And that's what we did today. We went to Ashland and just rode around and enjoyed ourselves. There was no excitement in the jump arena so there was no jigging or nerves. Just a happy pony with a happy rider on a beautiful farm on a beautiful day. 

 

We just walked and enjoyed ourselves but I did get in one last short canter... just in case. And maybe not even just in case... more because... we could. And it'll be a while. And we both love it. 

It was a good day! 

 

And then he got his teeth done and despite it being a year, he wasn't too bad. And he didn't have any issues with his head and neck being manipulated. Dr. Febles is so good and kind and made sure to not put too much pressure on him. I adore her! And... Dan does love Flecky! Fleck had to get three teeth pulled. When they were working on him Lyric was his emotional aupport pony and hung out with him comforting him. But once it was done, she and Funny wandered off. Dan came back and hung out, even in the stall for a bit, with Flecky until he had recovered enough from the anesthesia and then they both wandered off. He does have a soft heart underneath his T-rex exterior! Of course he was also intrigued by the blood, but.. he definitely sat with Fleck. 

 

 





 


No comments:

Post a Comment