Tuesday, October 15, 2024

Blessed and grateful

 Today was a good day! I decided that it was worth it to take Dan to Ashland for a quick hack even though I was taking both girls (separately) to Ashland for lessons. I miscalculated and ended up rushing to make it to my lesson with Funny on time, which meant very little time to hack for her, but.. it was worth it. I didn't want to do an arena ride with Dan and I could have done the neighborhood, but... meh. And I thought about charlie Elliot but I couldn't find the hunting days calendar, so... Ashland it was. By the time I fed, dropped off the recyclables and picked up my contacts, I didn't have much time but we went anyways. 

 

I rode in my cowboy boots since we rode bareback and I just brushed off the saddle and girth area and off we went. We had a grand time! We just enjoyed each others' company... the beautiful weather.... God's peace... the scenery! It was a lovely day! 

 

And.... I'm grateful. I did say that if I could *only* do this, it would be okay. And... I hope that in an effort to get more, I won't ruin what I do have. But I still feel like it's the right choice. I was listening to a podcast and started to question my decision, and God gave me 3 hawks! One right even hanging out at Countryside as I drove by on my way home from getting my contacts. :) Thanks God! I'm sorry for needing signs, but thank you. 

 

So, in the meantime, we'll keep enjoying our bareback hacks and each others company! We also did our water treadmill today, but walk only. :) I think he had fun!

 

Later when I went out to catch Lyric for her ride, he came up to me for snacks. And then after I walked to get Lyric he came trotting up after me. Yes... I know, I'm sure he wanted more snackies (and he got some) but it still made me happy. He was quite snuggly today. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment