Tuesday, September 10, 2024

Too frisky!

 Well.. at first. ;)

 
He was my last ride of the day and he was ready! We got on at the trailer and he marched on off, so we went on a trail ride first. Just a short one because.... stupid amazon truck! We headed left out of the culdesac instead of right and walked down towards the end of the property. A big truck with a trailer with a mower on it came by, slowly... and he was fine. Didn't even flinch. Then another car came by... no big deal. Then an amazon truck came by, quite quickly and Dan lost it! He slammed on the brakes and then bolted, and almost slung me off... then slammed on the brakes and tried to spin a second time, almost slinging me over his head again! Jeesh. I managed to not fall off but it was a CLOSE CALL twice! Slow down dude!! Seriously.. you see me almost being yeeted... slow the frick down! He sort of waved an apology to me...without hitting the brakes at all. Sigh... We walked a little farther after that but then turned and headed home. Man... my shoulders hurt after that and I had a massage this morning. Sigh..

  

We headed to the arena and walked a little bit. Then we did leg yield each way at the walk. And then I did 15 trot to walk to trot transitions each way, with a break in between. He felt pretty good. On our road walk he felt really quite neuro honestly... like he had no idea where his feet were. He felt loose and sloppy. But in the arena he felt better and the trot was pretty sound. Maybe a mild front right lameness, but that's probably scapula. So then we took another break and then I did one trot to canter to trot each way. I know.. I'm supposed to be walking still, I guess. We're into the 5th week of our 6 weeks of walk but that was without doing the steroid injections, so... I don't even know anymore. 

 

So then we immediately went out and hacked back home as his reward. He actually cantered both ways without too much struggle, though he definitely wasn't dragging me for more. At this point, it's so hard to tell what's pain... what's weakness... what's fatigue... what's... what?! But we walked to the beach and back. He insisted on going onto the beach... not sure we're allowed, but we didn't poop so.... why not! He wasn't stressed so I'm not sure what was going on the other day on our trail ride. 

 

Good pony. Mostly. 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment