Thursday, September 19, 2024

Eff it....

 

Maybe not the smartest thing I've done, but today... Dan and I just played. We did whatever... because by golly I'm so freakin' tired of rehabbing. And honestly... I'm kind of at the point where I just want to find out if we have a chance or not.  And if not... I'd like to know if he can at least go out and be silly in the fields and woods... Is he a *walk only* trail ride horse or could he be a *gallop through the woods and fields and pop over a few logs* trail horse. And I know that today doesn't mean anything... doesn't correlate. But my heart and soul just needed a fun day. And I think his did too. So that's what we did.

 

We hauled to Ashland and tacked up. We headed out and did some exploring. We met Caroline's ponies at the fence line. Dan offered a peace offering in form of a snack and the snarfed it down when they sort of seemed interested. Hee hee. They paid him back by galloping off. He was pretty good and got silly but not stupid. Then we headed to the woods and did some hills. We trotted. We dodged big spiderwebs. Then we hit the gallop track and trotted. And then... we cantered. And then... we galloped! Because oh how I needed a gallop. And then we galloped on the other lead. ;) He did both but seemed to be a bit more ... I don't even know what the word is... just different.... more collected but also more labored... going on the right lead. And at one point he swapped to the left up front but not behind and got stuck. I don't know if it's front end or.. back end?? So then we trotted a little more. Then we went to the lake and splashed. He did a good bit of pawing on the front right. Yay! Then some dog walkers and dogs showed up and he was intrigried. Then he thought about bolting but didn't. 

 

Oh, and he got to snack on his favorite leaf! He was making me laugh!

So then we hit the cross country field and I asked him to jump a few of the amoeba logs. And he did. Happily! Even took a few at the canter. He left long... and I'm not sure if it's because he knows he has to give himself more time to pick his front right up or if it's just he's always liked the long spots. Or maybe it's not even a long spot but because I'm so used to Lyric adding, it feels long. But he was having fun! So then I made him walk the amoeba XC course for me so I didn't have to do it on foot Saturday for Funny. And we popped over a few more. Then we trotted a few circles both directions in the water complex. And then we headed home. 

 

Oh, and this morning.... I was listening to an acupunctue lecture and decided to try it on him. I did seasonal balance for his scapula. I "attacked" the SI channel using seasonal balance, timed to when his surgery was (and thus the "injury" occurred). And while his needles were cooking, I also added GV-2 and LU-1 to help with his lumbosacral stuff and myofascial syndrome. And then I used the red light on his neck base and scapula. And he was releasing like crazy. Oh, and then a friend volunteered to do Reiki on him for me, so she apparently did that remotely while he was in the trailer on the way to Ashland. (not on purpose... that's just where we were when she did it). And... he did feel pretty good today. Maybe it's the shockwave of his stifles??? Maybe the steroids fully kicked in in his suspensories... maybe the reiki.. maybe the acupuncture.. maybe all the things... maybe it was just a good day. 

 
But... I'm glad for it. I'm grateful. It was a darn good day and we had a blast! I didn't dwell on the future... the what ifs... the maybes....We just enjoyed each other and the beautiful day!


 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment