Sunday, March 3, 2024

Getting worse... maybe?

 Sigh... 

I swear the less I ride the worse he gets... Even on bute. 1 gram twice a day, but still. That should be plenty. 

We met Kelli at Ashland today hoping for a hack. She ran out of time, but I did do another little "test ride" in the arena. Dan felt sluggish and draggy walking around. He kept stopping. His trot wasn't terrible just... lazy and he's clearly dragging his hind toes. I did a trot and a canter briefly for Kelli to video. He actually cantered better on the left lead today and didn't struggle as much to hold it, but it was still awful. He's just so out behind and not wanting to lift his back and engage. And now I'm wondering if I'm just letting him be lazy. But I don't think so. 

So... we went for a short hack after. We mostly grazed. Then I made him walk back via the woods so he couldn't snack the whole time. He didn't even want to splash in the lake really today... 









No comments:

Post a Comment