Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Weather Extremes

Crazy weather!!! On Saturday I met Kelli for a ride. I almost bailed because when I was getting Dan to load up and go... it was starting to sprinkle and the wind was whipping and it was SOOOOO cold. Like... WAY COLD! It was 41 degrees, but it felt way worse! I had on fleece breeches, a fleece lined shirt, a heavy duty sweater/sweatshirt thing, plus my jacket. Luckily it never did rain, other than a few little bits of sleety sprinkles. And the clouds kept coming and going so we had some occasional sunshine. But man it was cold! I ended up wearing my winter boots and my winter gloves in addition to the breeches and sweaters and then I had my green gumby long down jacket. I did take that off for arena work, as there isn't much wind in the dressage arenas. But I was glad I put it back on for our hack. It was still a beautiful day and I'm so glad we went. And by the end of our ride...the sun came out and the wind died down and it was actually pleasant without the jacket. But I was still glad I had on all my fleecey wear. 






And then on Sunday, I rode at home. In a t-shirt. And Dan was slightly sweaty. Ha ha... Craziness April... craziness!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment