Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Ahhhhhh Sunday

 Ahhhh.... I spent Saturday at Poplar cheering Peri on and by the time I got home, there wasn't much time to ride. Plus Mr Hight was still working on the arena, so I did a little round pen work with Dan. We did our pillar work and then did a little bit of lunging working on the correct "leads" at the walk. Basically, pillar 3. He has to reach out with the outside shoulder so he stays upright vs leaning in. 

So Sunday I got up and went to Church and then Mike was going to be home at 3ish so I did my chores... cleaned the house, caught up laundry and dishes, watered the flowers, and then... snuck in a ride. I'm so glad I was able to. It was just such a beautiful day. I was so tempted to stay out even longer, but I also wanted to get home to see him, so... I did managed a little dressage work and a fairly decent hack. 

We had a good ride in the arena. We just keep plugging away with our pillar work under saddle and our Rana homework. Although I did sneak in a canter or two. ;) 

Then we went for a nice long hack with a little trotting and cantering. We crossed the creek and did the big hill. Time to start sneaking back in some fitness if we want to show at Poplar in a few weeks. It was a great ride! We both had fun. 








No comments:

Post a Comment