Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Thoracic Sling work and a Gallop

So... today was the day we did our 1:1 with Celeste! Kelli agreed to be my video person, so we planned to meet at Ashland earlier and do a quick hack. I decided that I wasn't going to ride because we had been doing enough dressage recently, and with the nerve impingement stuff I wasn't sure what kind of riding I should be doing now anyways. BUT.... since Kelli wanted to do some dressage I decided I would get there and do a nice long hack. So I did. We did a good long hack and then, because it's been SOOOOOO long since we have done anything but walk and trot, we did some trotting. And a little cantering. And then a gallop! Ahhhhhhh....we both desperately needed that. On the forehand or not. Not using our thoracic sling most likely, but it needed to be done. And then it was so fun, we did it again! :) Ahhhhhh... Then we met up with Kelli and had a nice cool off ride. 

I think it worked in my favor because he was nice and relaxed and happy for our 1:1 with Celeste. We had some serious technical issues with my phone and the internet. Apparently Ashland doesn't get great internet or cell service for me. Sigh. But we managed to get something accomplished. We worked through the pillars and Celeste mentioned that I needed to be a little farther away from him. Because he was a little too dependent on me. Then she suggested I tack up and we try them under saddle. Yay! So we did that. The biggest thing is that I need to ask for a more forward walk! Not the efficiency walk. Really get him swinging. And then when we did the third pillar, just one or two steps sideways and then forward again. She said once we got that down at the walk, we could progress to trotting. 

So it was good! I didn't get to do as much body work as I wanted. And I was really hoping for an instant "release" of the nerve, which we didn't get. I know the big issue was the connection. Sigh. Oh well. I'll get back with her later and try again. Maybe if we can ever get starlink at home... I can try again. She did say she adored Dan though. Of course! How could you not?! :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment