Thursday, October 28, 2021

Rain... and rainbows...and unicorns and T-rexes

 So.... yesterday was a rough day. It was beautiful weather, but I had to work. I did 9 horses but managed to get home by 6. Mike was working late, so... I thought, well maybe I should hop on since it's going to rain all day tomorrow... that way I could see if he was sound. So I did. Of course it was 6:30 pm at that point... and he got 1 gram bute at 7:15 am, so... In retrospect, I should have given him some banamine or... not bothered. Because of course, he was still lame. Sigh. We did run through the training test because.. he's not that lame and... I am who I am. Sigh. And then after I put him up I walked Funny and she got loose and went galloping around the pasture. Luckily she did not see the open gate and I finally caught her. And then Mike was a butt... so all in all, a poopy evening. BUT... I got good photos. :) 


   

And.... this sunrise this morning was AMAZING!!!!!


 


And then today... it was raining all day. I slept in a tiny bit but then had to go to the eye doctor. And then I went to the bank and then went and adjusted one horse because they lived across the street from me. And then I went home and worked on my costume a little bit while Dan was drying off. Because... the rain was starting to slack off. And I was giggling... My costume is going to be so fun. Hee hee. So anyways, the rain quit so I hopped on. This time I had given him 2 grams of bute at 9:45 am and it was now only 3 pm. So we should still have bute on board. And.. he was fine. Maybe as good as he always feels. So... I have no idea what that means as far as his issues... how that equates with whether I do the MRI or not... but I guess we'll find out Monday. The good news is that... we were able to ride and he felt good and was happy. He was still pointing at his shoulder some, so there is something, but he wasn't short strided or lame. We didn't ride long or hard. Just did the components of the test for Saturday and did a few transitions. Then we headed back in. Ahhhhhh... I know that my happiness shouldn't rely on being able to ride my pony but man does it help me to be happy when he's happy and I can ride. Thank you God for your mercy. 

So the plan will be to give him tomorrow off... and then give him 2 grams of bute Saturday and see how he feels. If I tack him up and start warming up and he feels awful, I'll just trail ride in our Halloween outfit. If he feels good, we'll warm up and do our test. If that still feels good.. we'll warm up to jump and if he's happy we'll jump. Then I will give him Sunday off and then we'll have our appointment Monday morning. 



No comments:

Post a Comment