Sunday, August 15, 2021

Weird Day....

 So...today was annoying... then sad... then happy... then hot and exhausting.... and all over weird. I woke up early and was still super tired, but... I had to get up early to ride before going to Mom's for swimming and hanging out with Mike. So I got up. And it was nice and cool with overcast skies and a chill breeze. I debated taking Dan for a fitness ride... maybe a little jumping...  especially with the nicer chillier weather. But then it had rained too so I wasn't sure what the footing would be like. And I had decided last night that I would take Funny with us so they could splash in the lake and play. So... I couldn't make up my mind. I ended up taking Funny. Which was apparently the wrong choice. But before we left Mike said that he wasn't feeling well and with the storms coming in this afternoon, he had cancelled going to his Mom's. So... I didn't have to get up that early but since I was already up... So I loaded the two ponies up and off we went. And we had a good hack. But Dan was in a mood. He was power walking and almost irritated. I wasn't sure if he was mad that Funny came along... if he was super anxious to get a big trot and canter and even gallop... if he was in a mood because I was in a mood.... ??? Funny was fairly oblivious and just trekked along, although she was struggling a little to keep up with Dan's motoring. Dan didn't even want to really play in the lake. Which made me sad. And then I was sad that maybe he was cranky because I was cranky? So I tried to not be, but... people are mean and stupid and I am feeling hurt. For stupid reasons.... apparently some random person complained about having to wait a month or more for an appointment for their horse yet I seemed to be spending a lot of time riding my horse. Sigh. I know. It's stupid. They don't know that I am working my tail off... 10-14 hour days, yeah, only 3 days a week, but... those other days are jam packed too. They don't know that I don't eat dinner til 9 pm, and that I literally don't stop... ever... that I fall asleep while driving all the time because I'm so exhausted... that I have migraines.... They are just annoyed that their horse has to wait. So why am I so upset about it? Because.... deep down... I feel like I don't work enough. Deep down I feel like I'm a slacker... I'm not putting enough effort into being a vet.... and so it hurts. But that's not Dan's fault. And it doesn't have anything to do with him. So I tried... I tried to see if I could change my mind and mentation and if he would improve. Meh?? Not really. He settled a tiny bit but still seemed annoyed that he had to bring Sissy along, which... is not normal. He LOVES sissy! Oh well. We had a good ride and hit some hills and did get in some fitness. 

 


But then this afternoon.... while it got hot.. it never stormed... and the sky was bright blue and the clouds light and fluffy... and there was an occasional lovely breeze... and I really wanted to jump. So... I set the jumps up in the arena and decided to just hop on at home. It wasn't the same as a long fitness set at Ashland and we couldn't gallop, but considering it would be ride number 2 and I didn't need to spend that much time away again... it was worth it. So I tacked up and took him into the pasture. We trotted and cantered a little bit to warm up. Funny joined us briefly. :) Then we went in and jumped. It was pretty much a very quick jump school. We didn't mess around. We warmed up over the giant X and the smallest fence in there and then off we went. He was super! And man oh man, is he sensitive to my shoulders. If I keep them back, he's brilliant. If I tip the teeniest bit... he goes but he's heavy on the forehand. But we managed to be good. Both of us. We jumped some bigger fences.. the liver pool, the grid, and even the barrel. We jumped it once with one wing pole and then... he knocked it, so I tried just jumping it as the single barrel. The first time he squirted around it, but the second time, he jumped it straight on! Granted he got deep and knocked it, but... he jumped the barrel! Whoo hooo! We jumped the oxer once more to get a better jump to end on and then we were done. I think it was a total of like...11 minutes jumping. Hee hee. He was puffing but within 2 minutes he wasn't. Then we got a drink out of the automatic waterers and I giggled because it looks like he's drinking from a giant toilet bowl. eeeewwww. :) 

Good pony. I think maybe he felt a little better too. I know I did. I think we both like "accomplishing things" a little too much. Sigh... 




 






No comments:

Post a Comment