Friday, August 20, 2021

So Alike... and so Close!

 Today I finished early enough to sneak in a ride! Extra yay because I have a feeling I won't get to ride tomorrow, as tomorrow is "get ALL the supplies for the bathroom" day. I ended up riding at home for time saving. Plus, my arena really is better after a hard rain. We had a good ride! We had some legit cross over on the canter half pass!!! I have to really use my weight and seat aids... not as much leg. We also had some good canter to walks both directions. And he was making me giggle because he got all fired up. And then he was acting like he wanted to do a change! I decided to try one over a pole. And he got it!!!!! And it was right to left too, which I believe is the hard direction!! So then we tried again and didn't get it. And he was getting frustrated. So we did some other things and I told him how amazing he was. And then he was still all fired up and so we jumped through the grid twice. Then he finally took a breath and settled. I told him how amazing he was and he we were so close to getting the change and not to worry or stress about it. Heck, we didn't even need it til after Kentucky! So hopefully he won't be like me... stressing over making every little thing perfect, frustrated when he doesn't get it right, annoyed that it's taking longer than he thinks, mad that he can't do what he wants to do. I told him it was my fault and I was throwing his body off, so... cut me some slack and we'd figure it out soon! hee hee.

Then we went on a walk about around the bottom of Jean's property and the side of Eddie's and then the gate to the dog pen pasture was open since Mike was mowing, so we walked around there a little bit. 

Good pony!





No comments:

Post a Comment