Tuesday, May 18, 2021

We jump!

 Jump lesson: 

He's waiting on me to help him decide to go for it and not add. But as long as I keep my shoulders up, it doesn't matter if I don't get brave and ask. He can add and we'll still be okay if I keep my shoulders up. BUt so much better when I'm brave. I also now need to "hold his hand" and support him. And this is accomplished by bringing my elbows slightly back. I'm NOT packaging... I'm just supporting. He's now in front of my leg so when I bend my elbows, I'm just taking a slightly increased connection, telling him "I'm with yah buddy". And he's braver that way. And yes, by default we probably are "packaging" him a little, but... because he's in front of my leg and I'm not riding backwards, we're not running into the same problems we did before.

Jumped 3'... v poles helped to work on his form. Also jumped a high lattice with trot poles... super round bascule!

fun day! Then quick hack to the lake. gorgeous weather still











No comments:

Post a Comment