Sunday, May 23, 2021

Reinstalling bravery!

Yahooo!!!!!!!

We're getting there! Slowly and surely, we're making progress. :) Dan and I snuck over to Diamond K today and picked up Jacel and Piper. I wish I had a photo of them in the trailer. Piper is smaller than Funny and him and Dan next to each other were so cute. Dan and him had a good time on the trailer ride. We headed to Aiken to go play XC at the Vista. 

We warmed up over mostly smaller BN stuff, but tossed in a handful of novice fences. Including the neon rainbow lincoln log stack thing that I hate. But we did it. We might have chipped/added each time, but we went. Then we went and played in the bigger field and Dan walked off the prelim bank on his own accord. Hee hee. We jumped a skinny! It was not a wedge. Not yet! But we're getting closer. It was a skinny though and probably only novice height but super skinny, so probably a training question. We jumped a few big cabins too. Well, I thought they were big. Maybe big novice tables. We also jumped the tree. And the big prelim ditch. And the pimple at the top of the hill. And the at least novice brush fence. And then I told Jacel I wanted to do the ditch and wall. So we did! The first time up to it he added, but he was also getting tired. (It was so hot and humid so he was puffing). We came around again and rode braver and jumped it a bit more out of stride and then went around to the big flat wide table, which I hate, but we were brave over that too! 



I'm so proud of us. We're making progress. Yes, we could be braver. And I think we were before the very end. Because we felt much more like we were jumping out of stride. But we'll get there. We're getting better and I was not intimidated like I was the other day at Ashland, so that made me happy. And Dan was having a blast! Although he kept cross cantering behind. I may have to check in with Keelin soon and make sure we're not having any issues. But yay!!! It was a good day. 

#progressnotperfection





No comments:

Post a Comment