Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Grateful

So grateful to God for giving me a break in the rain to ride :) I even saw blue skies briefly!

Technically I had scheduled an acupuncture appointment for this morning because it was supposed to be raining... and keep raining... BUT... last night it looked like it might actually be clear in the morning, so... I postponed my appt til Friday because... I wanted to ride! And it actually didn't rain... until I put the ramp up as we headed home :)  Like I said, we even had some blue skies when we started. It was almost even warm.

We started off walking around the small lake and then I decided to do a little bit of dressage work as the rings looked decent. We did our warm up and did some trotting and cantering and then I decided to try the counter canter again. It wasn't happened. So then I literally dropped the right rein. Like... no contact, it was floating on his neck. And... I got a very shallow counter canter serpentine. Hmmm...
I picked up the reins and got it a few times, but was still very shallow.  But.. I'll take it. He was more braced in the neck base than usual but I able to supple him up.  Since we were in the upper arena due to the rainy weather and heading to Stableview for the weekend, we ran through our Novice test. The we did a little bit of half pass. I also worked on my transitions. But I only got 3 without pulling forward (three that I focused on) because I quit once he gave me the last right lead counter canter and I hadn't done my 5 total yet.

Then we went for a long hack. It was SOOOOO wet!!!










No comments:

Post a Comment