Thursday, May 4, 2023

Fun ride at home

Dan and I had fun today! I opted to ride at home because it was easier and I had spent so much time doing paperwork and invoices this morning. But it was fun!

 

We had a good ride in the arena working on our homework. We even got a teeny baby canter halfpass. Ha! That's not homework. ;) We mostly worked on keeping the even contact with him reaching out and forward and down. And then slowing the gaits to help strengthen his core/hiney. And we worked on our canter transitions today, which I think were better than yesterday. I still feel like his canter is not where I want it. I can't tell if he's not truly in the connection, or if I'm shortening his neck too much, or if he's just weak... Maybe all of the above. Oh well. We'll get there.

 

Then we took a short hack to the neighborhood lake. And Dan insisted on going in and getting a drink. And then he wanted to paw and splash and he was RIGHT ON THE EDGE of the abyss. I thought for sure he was going to tip into the deep end! I was trying to keep him from doing that, keep from dropping my phone and my whip, all while he was trying his best to paw and splash and play! Luckily we survived. Hee hee. I honestly am not sure that if she went in... he could get out. I feel like it goes from very shallow to very deep and I'm not sure he could pull himself out! Definitely not willing to try today though!

 
Goofy boy. I must have tired him out though because after when I went to lunge Funny he was just snoozing in the sun. Still standing but he was sleeping away. 

 


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment