Saturday, May 27, 2023

Feral to Fancy

Crazy beasties!! Today was show morning for Lyric. Her first show! At Ashland. And it was also a bit chilly first thing this morning. Which is GLORIOUS!!! I'm loving Spring this year! Thank you God! Anyways... I guess the chilly air got to the ponies.. or Dan was mad he wasn't the one showing, because.... Feral! ha ha


But he got ridden later that afternoon! Lyric was done showing by lunch time so since Mike came and cheered us on AND took videos... we went for ice cream on the bike after that. But then, I rode Danimal. 

 

He was a super good boy. We had some nice work including a lovely half pass at the trot one direction and decent the other direction. Baby half passes, but still! We also played with the shallow counter canter serpentines and worked on our homework. He was starting to get fatigued by the end. And for one moment in the left lead canter, his tongue came out. But it was just once and that was it. So... I'm not sure what to make of that. We did some stretchy work and called it a day. Well... we did a stretch and then I let him lengthen down centerline since it's his favorite! I'm trying my best to listen to him. 

 

He wanted to go out on Jean's side so we did and hacked down the driveway. But then Art (the neighbor across the street) had his sprinkler going in the garden. Dan stopped and was staring. I got off, mostly because I was hoping to not add more to his fatigue since he had stuck his tongue out, not because he was going to spook. If he was, I'm much happier on top than underneath him! But he was alert..not freaking out. So yay! Maybe I can use those to help desensitize him to the Ashland ones. :) 

 




No comments:

Post a Comment