Tuesday, May 2, 2023

Homework

 Today was lesson day with Jacel. I was so tempted to try and lesson with both horses but I'm still too chicken to try to leave Lyric on the trailer while riding Dan. And also, I sort of figured that Dan would be a twit too, so.. I just didn't think it was worth it. Not yet. Heck, I'm still too chicken to leave Lyric on the trailer alone even without bringing one of her pasture mates and then leaving them. Although I was brave enough to go to the bathroom while she was tied to the trailer. But anyways... so I decided to just take Lyric for the lesson since Dan and I had ridden with Kelly. And then I could practice my Kelly homework too. And while I could have ridden at Ashland, and was tempted as it was so pretty... I figured I would ride at home since we had hacked Sunday. So we did. And that meant I could use my pivo, so.. I did. Although it did blow over in the beginning. Ha ha! It was WINDY! 

  





It was a good ride, although not as good as yesterday. I don't know if that's because my footing isn't as good or because I didn't have kelly there, or what. But we tried. And it was a nice ride. I felt like our slow trot was better and he could hold it longer before he fatigued and started rooting. And actually, he barely rooted today. It was more of him just getting a little heavier, vs yanking. We worked on our canter transitions too but they were not as good. They felt a bit better but then on video.. not so much. Sigh. Oh well. His canter also didn't feel as smooth and silky today. But we are definitely better than when it got so bad. And we played a little with counter canter. On the right he swapped up front on the serpentine but he held it on the left. And, because Jean had dropped the grid to cross rails, I felt compelled so we cantered through the grid once too. :) Good boy!

So yeah... making progress. It was still a good ride. After we went for a short hack down the driveway and then headed left onto skyline. But we didn't go far because... I was running out of time. We did enjoy the smell of the honeysuckle and jasmine along the fenceline. Yum! I'm so glad for that!

 






No comments:

Post a Comment