Saturday, February 25, 2023

Handsome, a little sassy, and lots of playing

 Oh it makes me so happy that this heathen is back to being sassy and playing! This morning was a bit chillier than it was supposed to be and I think the ponies were a bit sassy! Plus they had to stay in the middle pasture because we had rented a chipper and had a guy coming today to chainsaw down the stinky bradford pears. And that also meant that I had to feed them at 6:30 this morning. So they were quite rowdy when I turned them back out. 

I didn't think I was going to be able to ride but since the chainsaws and falling trees and chipper noises. But then the chipper broke and the guy went home early. Sigh.... I hope he comes back next weekend to finish the job. So I grabbed Dan and went to do some homework. He was a bit snorty at the downed trees but we managed to get a good work out. He was a turd and grabbed the leadrope about 7 times. At least I only had to let go twice. He's gotten a little bit lazy about it. Ha! I guess the novelty is wearing off. Anyways... we got some decent canter. And we did the trot pole again. And... we focused on getting some lift in his sternum today and I think we were successful! 

Then before dinner I let them out in the big field while I was there to "supervise" and they were wild! But I saw a few lead changes with Dan and he looked happy. I haven't seen him run in so long!!! ahhhhh











ADD VIDEOS HOLLY

No comments:

Post a Comment