Thursday, February 16, 2023

Goober! But I adore this goober!

 Today was a glorious day! It's February... and tomorrow it will plummet below freezing again, but today it was almost 70 degrees and sunny. And sure, I was sweaty. And am not looking forward to summer, but.. today was nice. 

 

Right before I went to get Dan to work him, he rolled. Up the hill mind you. ;) So then I had to groom him because he was filthy. While I did that we did a little bit with the surefoot pads. Dan didn't stay on them long, but we did get some licking and chewing today when his fronts were on it and he was fairly happy with his hinds on it too. I also taped his withers. Not sure why... I just felt like maybe it would help. Although I probably should have used a longer piece of tape. So then Dan and I headed up to the arena with the intent of long lining. But I forgot the bit, so I figured we would just lunge regularly. We started with our pillar walks and he was good. A little mouthy, but ha.. when is he not?! 

 

Then we lunged. He was a good boy today and only got loose once. On video. ha ha. He only coughed a few times too! So yay! Maybe the breathe really does work! We cantered some, just to see. He almost looks worse on the left lead now. He seems like he's more braced in his neck with the left lead today. So we only did a tiny bit. We mostly trotted poles and the low cavaletti, which he kept locking onto :) Again. We also did some walk to trot to walk transitions. He was mostly super! 

 


ha ha.. the look on his face... he had to wear the girls halter. The horror!! 



Then we snuggled a bit. :) 





 





No comments:

Post a Comment