Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Day 2

 Today was a glorious day! 

Danny and I met Kelli and Marvin at Ashland. This morning it was chilly! CHILLY!!!! The humidity was low. I even had a sweatshirt on. :) Of course by the time I got to Ashland and unloaded the sweatshirt was off. And in the arena, in the sun, I was warm in my long sleeve sunshirt. But it was still glorious. I wasn't super sweaty! 

 
We did a little bit of in hand pillar work and then I got on and did 15 minutes of under saddle pillar 1 mostly. We did a hair of pillar 2 and 3 under saddle. Then I had Kelli watch him go and just trotted a few large circles to see. He felt weak starting out, especially tracking to the right. But he evened up quickly. Kelli agreed with what I felt. She said at the beginning he was just sloppy and dragging his toes, but once he got moving, he looked sound. Yay!

 
We went on a nice long trail ride and I tried to do some hills, but not crazy amount of hills. Then we splashed in the lake a tiny bit. And despite it being pleasant, I was expecting Dan to go in more. He wasn't really into it today. So then we went to the water complex and walked around a bit. Kelli trotted around in it. Then we had a short little trot together in the field. The first 4 strides or so Dan felt lame, but then he settled into a nice sound trot, even when I changed diagonals. So... hopefully it's just weakness. 

 
Good pony! I'm still not sure what plan I want to do for the rest of his rehab, but I think we might not start trotting for real until next week. We'll see. It's hard not to. 



No comments:

Post a Comment