Monday, March 25, 2019

"I saw Danny's butt on the interstate.... are you okay?"

Today has been a day..... 

Truck overheating.... picked up by Laura... hitchhiking pony!

XC schooling.. lesson with Richard...
Chin to spine
lift my sternum
row my arms and longer reins
keep the connection
BEAT: Balance, Engine and Enough? can't remember A... adjustability?? Tempo... 
Carry your hands

Schooling was.... good and bad. Started terrible.. just loping around like lazy bums. But then he perked up suddenly.. (Me maybe?? ) and was great and fun and we were back in the groove... although I felt like I was standing in the saddle (clearly I am).... which is aggravating... because I don't want to look like a dumbass... but I think it helped my position. Richard said I would get close and then tip my shoulders at the fence... thus altering the distance.... which is why my spots would disappear or I couldn't see them. But if I kept my chin back.. that extra stride came out of nowhere... because he was up and balanced and could easily add it. But then I can't figure out how to not look like a weirdo.... so... I don't know. I need to get a friend to literally just video me over and over again over fences so I can play with things and see what works in my brain to make my body cooperate and get that shape I want. 

Then dropped back off at truck and trailer... antifreeze hose just popped off, easy enough fix. Dan unloaded, peed on the interstate side, then loaded back up...  FB friend messaged us... "is that you guys?" ha ha... 

Long day.... good day..... tearing myself apart day... want it to be perfect... now.... 






No comments:

Post a Comment