Friday, January 25, 2013

Ooooh, I love this guy!

Danny is such a good baby!!! I am so lucky!!! So, I put his halter on him... and doh! I'm going to need a new one! He is definitely about to outgrow his "arabian" halter.


 I groomed him and then put on his surcingle and cavesson and into the round pen we went. We worked on basic lunging... walk to trot to walk to halt commands. He was great. We even started on his hard side (the right). Then we did the walking straight thing and he did well with that too. Then the other side. Also great. Well.. now what?! I ran both lines through his surcingles and stood behind him. I clucked and said "walk on" and eventually got him to take a few steps forward and he turned both ways. But he was confused. You could tell he was thinking "Um... you're supposed to be in the middle...with me going around you!". So then I decided I would go back to being by his side and let the outside line drag. That went a little smoother and we even tried trotting!!! He did pretty darn good. He also is much better about the squared shoulders meaning halt today. Lots of praise and pats and then we headed back up to the barn. 


I clipped Flecks muzzle and then let Dan see the clippers again. He's always had a hang up with them. He's fine with them all over the place, but still twitchy when they get near his forelock, as long as they are turned off. Once I turn them on, he gets much twitchier. But he was pretty good today. He even tried to eat them! ha! I was even able to clip most of his muzzle and put them near his forelock and bridle path. Yay.

Such a smarty pants!! I cannot wait to ride him!!!

Oh, and yesterday we burned the leaves in the back yard. I put Dan and Roany in the round pen... not realizing how quickly it would go! It was rather smoky for them. :( Oops. I turned them back out in the front field later, but they spent a few hours there. So now Dan is smoke proof too. :) He didn't care one bit. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment