Sunday, September 6, 2026

Beautiful Day

 Well, beautiful morning. It got HOT later today. I slept in and reveled in it. And it wasn't nearly as humid and miserable this morning and even late morning. So yay! After I got everyone fed and had cereal for myself, I loaded Dan up and we headed to Ashland to meet Sharon and Baylor. 

 

She wanted to lunge first which was awesome because I wanted to do a little flat work and was going to do it after, but before worked great too. So Dan and I headed to the arena to play. We were able to get a decent amount of work in so that was nice. He felt good. We played with the canter and he fell out the right lead on a circle once but only the one time. We did some leg yielding and played a little with some lengthenings (baby ones) and some 10 meter figure 8's. He was a good boy although he was a little resistant to bend left at the end. I'm not sure if it was more related to him wanting to go say hi to Baylor though or just being stiff. But we did get some nice left bends. 

 

We had a fun hack. We just walked, which was fine as Dan was maybe feeling a tiny bit fatigued after the ride yesterday and the dressage before our hack. He still feels better overall though in many ways. He felt like he was a bit quicker than lately, although definitely a little slower than yesterday. And he lost his hind end once and tripped up front once. We had a good ride though and found some flowers! 

 

 

Poor Dan is gonna need a haircut soon if this weather doesn't start cooperating! It's so miserable hot and humid and he's starting to grow his coat already. Poor guy. Later tonight when I rode the girls he came up to say hi and was making me laugh with his fly mask. He's been twirling it and now he looks silly!

  

 



 





No comments:

Post a Comment