Saturday, May 4, 2024

Enjoying the Day

 It was supposed to rain all day today but I sort of figured the weather channel was going to be wrong. I did get to sleep in. Finally! I was exhausted! Although the ponies didn't let me sleep as long as I would have. But that's okay. After breakfast I took Dan to Ashland to ride... mostly because I wanted to beat the rain (that didn't come at all) but also because I figured it would be smart to get it over and done with so I could study. So we headed out. Ashland was having the jumper show but it must have been a small one. It was fairly busy when we got there but super quiet when we were leaving. 

 

We headed out to the trails and went towards the gallop track. I told Caroline I wanted to help them do the timing but it was always days I had to work. Plus I had wanted to do it anyways. So we hacked out there and then trotted the mile loop and timed it. We were around 7 minutes which was on par. Then we cantered it. A nice easy canter and we were on par for that too. 5 minutes. Then we hacked around and played a bit. We did some more trotting and cantering but nothing timed. I was tempted to jump a few cross country fences but it was so hot and humid that we opted not to. We did come up on some armadillo's rooting around. Those suckers are fast! But Dan didn't mind them. 

 

We got back to the trailers and were talking to Aubrey when we heard clucking. Like... loud clucking. What the heck? I untied Dan as he was a bit upset. Ha ha.. Turns out Jen and Kelly had a stowaway in their trailer. They were out on the trails so I messaged them. I tried to corral the hen but was unable to find her once I had gotten Dan loaded back up. But good news.. they did find her and got her safely back home. 

 

It was a good day!

 





 


No comments:

Post a Comment