Thursday, April 4, 2024

Oh Glorious Day

 

Today ended up beautifully!!! I was a bit bummed earlier today because I noticed Dan cross cantering in the pasture... on his own. Sigh. The weather got much nicer as the day went on so by the time we rode, it was glorious out. We were going to do dressage and hack, but... it was waaaaaayyyy to pretty to hit the arenas, so... we started with a warm up hack.. then just decided to do dressage in the field. And it was a great ride. We did some hills, some walking, some trotting, some cantering... some almost galloping... and then finished with another hack. He felt pretty darn good. Perhaps still a bit weak in the canter, but... we didn't have any tongue issues. He did chomp a tiny bit though, but not bad.  I did ride in the jump bridle though. But he felt soft and happy. Ahhh..... I could have stayed out there all day. Him too I think. 

 
As much fun as he is jumping and dressaging... he's sooo much fun doing this too. This will be enough. I'm greedy.. and want more if I can get it, but... this will be enough. And I'm grateful to God for giving me this, because... *this* isn't a given either. 

 

After our ride I shockwaved his neck, stifles, and SI joints and LS joint again. He enjoyed it. 



The water complex has never been this green! Jacel thought they died it, but... I'm pretty sure it's all the pollen turning it green!! ha!!






No comments:

Post a Comment