Saturday, October 7, 2023

Easy Day

 I actually never did really see what Dr. Barrow suggested after the Prostride, but I know she said ideally three days of stall rest but at least one day in a stall and two days off. At least I think that's what she said. So... we did that day of stall rest and overnight and then he got turned out. And then today we rode. So he got all of Tues off after his injection and then Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday off. So today... we went for a hack. We kept it short and laid back for two reasons. One, Dan didn't need to be rowdy yet and Two, Arwyn and Kelli came with us. And Arwyn hasn't done anything in eons so... easy day. Which was great because it was SOOOOOO beautiful out and I would have been tempted to do more. 

     
We headed off for a hack and went to the XC field, then crossed the creek and went behind halfshire via the magical path. Then Kelli had to stop and pee so I took Dan for a little trot around the halfshire field. He was really upset about leaving Arwyn so our trot was a bit... awkard. He wouldn't go at first and then he was power trotting like a hackney. Hee hee. It was making me giggle. He felt good though! We got back to Arwyn and then he was fine again. 

   
We headed to the wire hayballs and then back to the lake. Dan had a short little splash session and then we went back to the trailers via the woods. We did stop in the arenas to do a soundness check for each other. Dan felt pretty good but maybe I still felt it going left. It was more subtle than in my lesson with Kelly Eaton the other day but he was also not working as hard. I thought I felt it for a step or two as we changed direction. But he didn't feel as haunches in or braced in the neck. So... yay! Good enough. We maybe trotted like.. 5 minutes max and decided that was enough. Then we watched Kelli and Arwyn go for another 5 to 10 minutes and then we headed back. I have SOOOO much to do. Me and Lyric leave for RRP on Monday, so Dan will likely get tomorrow through the following Sunday off. Hopefully I can ride him that Monday since I took the day off to recover... and then Tuesday too! Then Thursday and then Friday he gets his feet done. And x-rayed. And hopefully by then he'll be feeling super and the Prostride will have really kicked in!

He was silly today. He almost seems like he's getting his feelings hurt and is jealous that Lyric and I are doing things. And today he was super curious all day. :) I love him so much!

 


 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment