Sunday, March 12, 2023

Oh no!

 MANNNNN...... this has just not been a great week. Today the weather was quite nice so I met Kelli at Ashland for a ride. Dan got to get a "happy meal" as we stopped and got hay on the way to Ashland. ;)

 

I decided to just ride in the PH saddle instead of the thorowgood because I didn't want to deal with putting the stirrups on and making sure it fit. Which, I'm glad I didn't because then I might have blamed the saddle. Anyways, we got on and did our walk warm up. He was kind of sluggish. But we got some good work and we did our Kelly homework. Then we did our trots. Same thing. Good boy but a bit lazy. Not as good of a ride as recently though. Which... sigh. Oh well. 

 

So then we picked up the left lead canter and he was so lazy so I "galloped" him down the long side. He did it and we had an okay canter. He's not wanting to reach as much but.. fair. But then I went right. Sigh. NOOOOOOOO!!! It wasn't terrible, but it was disunited feeling again. And felt like he was kicking me with his hind leg, but not in a good way. But at least he was on the right lead on all four legs. Sigh. He also kept falling out of it. Noooooo... I was so enjoying having him feel good and being happy again. Kelli watched and had me turn my belly button to the inside (which I sort of feel like that's how it's already facing, but.. my hips aren't, so I turned both my hips and my belly button in to the inside). It helped a little. It still feels icky but not quite as bad. Sigh.. So then we did a tiny bit more walk work. Then I backed him up (Like Kim had) and tried again. Better still, but still not lovely. Sigh. I got a nice trot and then quit. 

 

Kelli and I chatted for a bit. She said she thought Dan just looked weak and perhaps he was just sore from being ridden after having so much time off. Even though he's been lunging for a month, it's still different. Maybe. She said he just looked weak and out of shape. I hope. He did seem unhappy when I was messing with the cranial portion of his scapula, so maybe he really needs the shockwave again. 

 

So then we went for a hack. And he was a total slug on the trails. Like dragging slow! And kept stopping to stare and listen. (which, there was a lot going on at Ashland with lots of people out on the trails). We went to the lake and he had a little splash. But he did splash with both feet, so yay. Then we meandered back home and headed home. 

So yeah... a little depressing again. But.. a beautiful day and I was on my pony! We did enjoy each others company!





No comments:

Post a Comment