Thursday, December 8, 2022

Embracing the good

 Trying anyways....

yucky day, but had a break in between to ride Dan.

Tacked up. Pillars to arena. Pillars in arena and in hand yielding the barrel.

lunged with cavesson and added 3 alternate raised trot poles

rode: Icky in the beginning. panicking that i'm not doing it right. He was fixated on the road convinced there was a monster (thus tight, tense, braced). Took a deep breath... kept going.. it got better. Maybe even nice. No tongue... 

closed the gate...



then full moon again



























Ended my evening in tears though... but he did seem happy to see me tonight when I went to go get the cavesson before (MORE) rain. just not happy when I touched him. now feeling guilty that I'm "expecting a return on my investment". and not enjoying the moments with him


No comments:

Post a Comment