Saturday, February 13, 2021

Beating the rain... mostly


Yuck!! This weather has been awful. At least it didn't start raining yesterday like they originally predicted, but... sometime today it will. And then who knows when it will stop! They were originally predicting 11ish, so I got up fairly early and decided to go ride before it hit. I opted not to lunge since the round pen was still pretty wet and I didn't know when the rain would hit, and... I sort of thought maybe we'd take it a little easy til our vet visit just in case. BUT.... sigh, I should have lunged. I got up to the arena and Jean was riding and her helper was setting up a grid. But... she said she only had 20 minutes before she had to go do a phone call and she didn't mind, so I walked around the arena and did my walk work. But we ended up chatting and Dan was super distracted, so we didn't accomplish much. And unfortunately for her, she never fully got her grid set up nor did she get to ride it.... and now there's just more jumps in my dressage area. Oh well. After she left Dan and I had a pretty good ride. We worked on some stuff and our trot half passes are getting fairly decent. We did manage a few changes over the cavaletti once I got him to it not on a flyer. We also got some pretty nice canter to walk transitions more often than not. Yay! We worked on backing some too. For some reason that has just become so awful. But we made progress. And of course it starting misting on us as soon as Jean left, so basically the beginning of our ride. Which meant that my Pivo freaked out and recorded the pasture fence literally the entire time. So yeah....  But hey.. we got a ride in! Annoyingly, it didn't rain til about 1 pm, so I could have taken a bit more time getting out there to ride, but oh well. We got it done and I was able to come inside and dry off so yay!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment