Thursday, July 16, 2020

So Hot!

We have been so blessed this year with the weather. Not much else, mind you, cause.... 2020 has been just a weird weird year. But the weather... top notch! Until July. Now it's your typical miserable hot humid nasty Georgia summer weather. Ugh. Good thing we're just walking and I can wear shorts :) 

Poor Dan was already sweaty and sticky before we even started. I attempted to groom him, but it wasn't accomplishing much other than smearing dirt around, so I gave up. I decided to try the nylon bridle today, and probably should have done the bitless, but I've allowed him to graze so much that I figured if I didn't have a bit, I'd never get his head out of the grass, so I put the one with the bit in. We had a nice ride. We walked up to the jump arena and walked over some ground poles and a tiny cross rail or two. Then we went to the XC field and then to the lake. He didn't swim today, just splashed a little. Then we headed back. Nothing exciting, but that's okay because it was hot!













No comments:

Post a Comment