Sunday, November 28, 2021

Thanksgiving Ride

Today I'm thankful for many things. I'm thankful that I can be thankful today because while I was grateful for all the good in my life yesterday, there was a lot of sadness too. So I'm thankful for hope! And knowing that God has it all under control. 

Thanksgiving was a bit different this year. It was a little last minute knowing what I was going to do. But I'm glad it ended up like it did. Mike and I hung out and enjoyed some time together in the morning and then went to Cracker Barrel for lunch. It was pretty good. I even got Pumpkin Pie. And then when we got home, I decided to go ride. I ended up just riding at home so that I would have time to bathe before Pine Top. Because it was a beautiful day today and tomorrow was supposed to be fairly chilly. 

We had a good ride. He was really reaching into the contact and felt light. I felt like I was pushing the bit to him versus pulling him to the bit. He was reaching for and maintaining the connection. It was quite a nice feeling! We had some lovely trot half passes too! Like crossing over smoothly and flowing! Our canter half passes were decent too. We didn't ride long, but it was a good ride. 

Then he got a bath and I took him out in the pasture to graze while he dried. It was sunny enough that I thought he'd dry quicker in the sunshine naked but I knew he would roll if left alone for even a second. We were lucky we didn't ride longer because we almost ran out of sunlight. 

Happy Thanksgiving!!






No comments:

Post a Comment