Monday, November 8, 2021

brighten my mood!

 So... today was one of those days. Super annoying because I could have ridden! I should have ridden. I finished work early enough to get in a ride. Mike was working late so I didn't have to hurry. BUT... my head hurt. And this was like day 5 in a row of a migraine. And I was cranky. So I decided not to ride because... I didn't want to make Dan upset and I didn't want to get frustrated because I didn't feel good and was cranky and the ride wasn't perfect. He's already been in a terrible mood the last few days. He even bit me the other night when I walked past his hay. And he had been almost snuggly prior to our last ride. And I had to clean stalls and spread manure.... and tomorrow is supposed to be gorgeous and I have the day off so we're going to go to Ashland and dressage and hack and enjoy ourselves. 

BUT.... I also thought that I should walk Funny and I wanted to ride, so.. I compromised. We went for a bareback hack around the neighborhood and took Funny. Then when we finished, I put her back in her stall and took Dan up to the pasture for a little more. Because at this point my headache was gone. I was so tempted to put on his saddle and do a real ride but I still had all the other things to do and I was running out of daylight, so.. we played. He was a bit strong at first but then he settled. We played with the trot and canter half pass in the field and .. it's about the same. Then we went in the arena and did a tiny bit of work. Tried the half pass again and maybe it was a tiny bit better. But really not. Doh! Then we jumped the little grid. And then we had a lovely trot! And then we went home.

So yay! I at least feel better and also don't feel like I sacrificed things and got mad at him or made him feel unhappy. And... the neighbors have inflatable turkeys now, so we met them. :) 





No comments:

Post a Comment