Friday, November 12, 2021

Sunset ride

 Yay! I was hoping I'd get home early enough today to ride. I wasn't sure if I would, but... I did. I was tempted to go to Ashland because the footing is better and the arena is empty. But it was already almost 5 pm by the time I was ready to load up and while they have lights... I don't know. I just didn't want to deal with the hassle. Plus I thought I might have enough time to get a 2nd walk for Funny in. So... since I had to catch Dan up by the arena, I led him over to make sure it wasn't entirely soupy. Because it POURED hard core last night. And it was pretty wet but not too bad. So I ended up moving one of the jumps out of the way to open up more space and that helped. I was able to stay out of the deep areas. I really wish I could get it fixed. I need to start saving up. I just... can't justify spending 40K on it. Argh. Anyways... By this point Dan had gotten bored and galloped back to Funny. 

But we got tacked up and just ignored how filthy he was. Hopefully he can get a bath and a haircut again soon. Then we took two laps around the field to loosen him up and get a tiny bit of hill work in and then we hit the arena. It wasn't too bad but definitely deep in spots. We stayed in the dryer areas. We did a lot of our walk warm up work. Then we did trotting and cantering and basically worked on stuff from our lesson. He was pretty darn good! We also played with our canter walk transitions. We're still struggling. We either slam into them, or we trot. But we had a few good ones. So yay! It was nice to get a ride in since I don't think I can ride Sunday. :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment