Wednesday, November 3, 2021

Dressage in a Tutu!

Yay! What a fun show!

Of course it was misting/drizzling a little bit this morning and when I got there. Which made it a little tough to get his costume put on. And really, I should have gotten there earlier but Taylor had to come do Funny's feet that morning and I didn't think the costume would take so long to get on. But it was fine. I got him all done up and good gravy it was hysterical!! It was so much fun! He looked hilarious and so did I. And the funny thing was... he LOVED it. Everyone was laughing about him being embarassed and I was like "Um no... he loves it. He thinks he looks badass!". 
 

So we went and warmed up and I couldn't stop laughing because his dino hat kept bopping around on his head like a bobble head. And it didn't phase him one bit. We had to warm up in the grass but he felt good. I didn't really feel any funky steps. So yay! So we went in for our test and he was good! He just clocked around like a freakin' T-rex rockstar, with me up there giggling away. I think we might have broke in our trot lengthen, or maybe we just lost our balance a hair. I don't remember. The judge chatted briefly with me after and was giggling at my tutu and his T-rex arms. Hee hee. We ended up scoring quite well! 


So then we had a bit of time before we jumped so I let him chill and Peri and I got some hot cider with fireball in it. Yum! Then I got him costumed back up in the jump tack and off we went to warm up. The warm up was a little slick but he jumped 3 jumps beautifully so I left it at that. He felt brave and bold and happy, so I figured the bute was working. Then it was our turn. And we had signed up for Training level CT. So... training level jumps! They didn't look huge, but a few of the oxers looked pretty big. But once we got in the ring and headed in there... we just had fun. He was awesome and we jumped them all with no hesitation or problems. We may have pulled one rail, but that's okay. GOOD BOY DAN!


We won our class... against no one else. Ha ha. But we also got the Big Cheese Medal for low score CT Adult. So heck yeah! I think we scored a 29.7. Plus the rail. 

So yep. Fun day. I'm glad he felt good and enjoyed himself. And I highly recommend riding in a tutu!














No comments:

Post a Comment