We hit the trails bareback today because we were meeting Missy and Kirsten for a pool party. He was a bit more marchy but still slower. So, it does make sense that the stopping is stifle fatigue, but I do think the slow walking is potentially still sore feet. We did trot a tiny bit on the way home from our pool party and he felt "sloppier", so... that's probably also stifle fatigue. But, we'll get foot rads on Friday and go from there.
It was a fun ride, albeit it short. We hacked to the lake and met Kirsten and Missy there. Dan was sooooooo excited to see Indy. He splashed right up to him and said hi and then we had fun splashing and playing in the lake. I had zero control in the hackamore though. Zero! Although, Missy and I were laughing because she was like "but do you ever have control?". No... not really. ;) Dan went for a tiny little swim and we all had fun. Then they said they had to head back so Dan and I walked with them to Halfshire. He wouldn't leave Indy so we ended up hacking all the way back to the barn, not just to the edge of Halfshire. Doh! And even then Missy pretty much had to put Indy in the barn for me to be able to get Dan to leave. I know you love your friend buddy, I know! But we've got to go home!
I managed to get him turned around and we headed back home. We had a nice hack home, and included some trotting. He felt pretty decent, but again, maybe a little bit sloppy at the very end.






















No comments:
Post a Comment