Wednesday, November 8, 2023

Super pony

 So...why am I taking Dan back to the vet Friday? Hee hee.. He feels so good today. And yesterday. Ha ha. I mean, seriously though, he felt really good today. And after talking to Kim, I do wonder if it's more of just me riding him poorly creating the tension/pain. But she's in Aiken, so we're still going!






 

 

 

Anyways... today I had Aubreys barn and we only had 5 so I got home early enough to ride two ponies! I rode Lyric first since she had yesterday off and rode Dan after. I decided to use the equiband on him to see if that would help him use his hiney. I think it did. I also was smart and put a timer on my phone so that I wouldn't forget about it and overdo it! I tacked him up and we walked up to the arena and then I put the bands on. Unfortunately I grabbed both abdomen bands instead of one butt band so it was pretty tight on his butt. I only did 10 minutes of work because of it. But I do think it helped. We did a bit of walking and then some trotting. He really did feel more collected and like he was using himself better. We didn't ride long but we had a great ride. We focused on a straight neck coming out of the withers and even connection in the contact with a reaching neck. His trot was pretty nice and his canter was quite nice! We even did the shallow serpentine both ways and a pretty decent canter to walk one way and a nice downward with trot steps the other way. ;) But our upwards are getting nicer too. And we had some good lengthenings that were legit, not just faster. 
 

So yay. Good boy! Not sure if I'll get to ride tomorrow and probably not Friday before our vet appointment. And I guess riding this weekend will depend on what happens at our appointment. But... we'll be okay. Even doing training the next weekend at stableview. :) I'll just plan on warming up in the grass. ha!

  

 

He worked so hard and so well he got hungry! ;) But seriously though.. he had butt foam :)

No comments:

Post a Comment