Tuesday, July 25, 2023

SOUND!!!!!

 This morning he was playing again!! I haven't seen him play in weeks!! Cavorting and bucking and cantering. He even got a nice lead change. Rolling and pawing the ground. Yay!

Unfortunately I ended up riding in the heat of the day. He was already sweaty and muddy so I did what I could and we went for a short ride. But it was good! I kept it very short as I didn't want to push it and it was so hot. He mostly felt great, but maybe, maybe, just maybe, he felt slightly short on the right front still. Sadness! But honestly it was so subtle I wasn't sure if it was my imagination and definitely not every stride. Occasionally I thought I felt something in the hind, but I suspect he's just getting used to having hind shoes and that one wedged again. And he was happy to work although maybe a bit fussier in the bridle. We didn't have a noseband today but I don't think that's why he was fussy. I  suspect he's maybe still a hair tender in his feet. 

We ended with a nice lovely trot circle each way and then hacked to the neighborhood lake and back. He was a bit spooky because they were fixing the tennis court fence but we did some trot and canter in the ball field and he was on the muscle and still sound! We also marched home sound! Although that could have been a bit of adrenaline still. But.. overall, I think he's sound!!!





I feel better Ma! Let's play!






No comments:

Post a Comment