Sunday, March 7, 2021

It can't be helped!

 It's like a rule.... surely! That on a beautiful Sunday with gorgeous weather, one MUST ride their horse! No matter that said horse threw a shoe two days ago. Sigh. I tried to be good. Mike and I spent the morning planting flowers and finishing the trailer parking "decorating". But... it was so pretty! So.. I decided I would just saddle up and take Funny along and we would hunt the pasture looking for the shoe. But then I remembered the equiband. Hmmm... We could do a little bit of walk work too. :) So, I got the equiband on and we walked out to the pasture to walk up to the arena. And as we walked past the roundpen, I saw his shoe. ha ha. That didn't take long. But yay for finding it. So we carried on. I took Dan (not Funny) into the arena and attached the equibands and hopped on. He didn't bat an eye. He's so good. We did our walk work... shoulder in, turn on the forehand, turn on the haunches, half pass, leg yield, etc. And he was super! We even practiced walking without it getting lateral. So then I thought, well... he doesn't seem to be bothered by it, let's just do a quick little trot and canter. So we did. And he was super! We got some good walk to canter to walks and at one point, I accidentally moved my seat and he broke and then swapped! I really do think this might be the key to the changes. But I wanted to be good and not make him sore on his foot or on his booty/core, so we quit with that. We walked down to the barn so I could drop off his shoe, my sweatshirt, and the equibands. Then I grabbed Funny and off we went. She let me put the halter on her without even getting off Dan! And they were pretty good together. Dan made some snarky faces at her, and she had a few mini tantrums, but they were good. We walked up to the arena and around the hill and back down to the barn, then back up to the tree and back to the barn and called it quits. :) 

And... Freddie has Covid so he can't come back out, but Daniel said he's come Tuesday. Originally it was going to be Tuesday afternoon, and I tried to not be that person, but.... now he's coming Tuesday morning. :) I'm bribing him with a bagel and coffee, but still. :) Now we can ride Tuesday afternoon!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment