Friday, January 5, 2024

Worst... Pony... Ever.... I LOVE YOU!

 Daniel.. you are rotten! The worst horse ever!! But I adore your ridiculousness!

Tonight I got home about 4:45 and luckily.. I still had daylight for about an hour. I grabbed Dan and we headed to the arena. I pulled his blanket off, tossed the bareback pad and bridle on and we went for a ride in the arena. I was still in my work clothes and work boots. Ha! But I wanted to feel him out. He was a good boy and we did a short walk and then I picked up the trot. It was hard to tell if he was lame or not because he was much shorter in his stride... because I was bareback. I tried to post some and get him moving out and he still didn't feel that lame, but... I do think it's still there a bit. Hard to tell though. So, maybe!!! I hope tomorrow to have time to put the saddles on him and play musical saddles and bareback pad to see if it makes a difference. Maybe he's just getting sounder from the injections?? We trotted and cantered some and even did the groundpoles and cavaletti's Jean set up. I didn't do a ton though. 

 


 

After I got off, I thought.. .maybe I should lunge a bit.. just to help "rehab" him. I knew.. I KNEW he was gonna be a turd but I thought maybe with the bridle... I could get away with it. NOPE. Turkey immediately grabbed the reins and took off. sigh. He made me chase him a few times. However, he did do some clean changes... although he also cross cantered behind some too. And at one point he was super bunny hopping, but he was also burning rubber at that point. I caught him and tried again and he took off again. Ooooh, you're a turd!

 

So I left the arena. I threatened to leave him. He was at Jean's gate and just stood and watched me. I hid behind the tree... he was still at her gate. Sigh... I started to worry that maybe he was tangled so I walked back up to him... and the turd took off again. Okay.. that's it, I'm really leaving you out there tonight now! Ha... but I didn't. I told him he was the WORST HORSE EVER and this is the look he gave me. And then he let me catch him. Hee hee... 

We walked down to the roundpen because... you may be smarter but... I can be smarter (in theory) even if I have to cheat. Of course in the roundpen he grabbed the line and spun the other way so we spent a few circles with it over his neck. Which actually worked well because he couldn't grab it. But that meant he was slightly counterflexed and I couldn't correct it. So we tried again and at this point I was able to yell at him a few times and he cooperated and gave me a lovely little lunge. So we quit with that. I do love you you adorable little butthole! And I was able to get kisses! I do think his CBG is making him less angry. I don't know if it's helping his joints or his nerve pain or if it's just making him more chill, but he does seem more snuggly. Which is awesome!


No comments:

Post a Comment