Tuesday, January 2, 2024

Still not ready yet

 Ugh I want to cry.... I might be hitting the end of my efforts with Dan. I said that if the neck injections didn't do the trick this time... that maybe he was telling me he can't do it. And then I did hock injections, because.. maybe it's hind end... maybe he can't support the front end because he can't weight the back end. And.. .maybe.. maybe it's still too early for the hock injections... it's only been 4 days. 

But.. still lame. Better.. but still lame. And still not wanting to canter on the left lead. Still seems to not want to soften the base of his neck at times. But man alive... he tries.. he is trying and doing his best. And he's brilliant... i can move all his body parts.. he knows all the tricks... it's so sad. he's just so lovely... but he's... struggling some. 

We played a bit and had some really nice pieces... but I tried to not keep drilling, knowing that he's sore. It's just hard because he's so much fun and he's still trying so it's hard to not try too. 

then I ended up crying while riding Lyric later. 

I just.... I don't want to lose my best friend... I know that if he's not my competition horse.. it'll be harder to prioritize his rides... but i adore him... and he's soooo much fun. And I don't want to abandon him just because maybe we can't do the hard stuff anymore. 








No comments:

Post a Comment