Wednesday, May 22, 2024

So far, so good!

 Well... knock on wood, Daniel has been a very good boy for stall rest! I'm sure the trazadone is helping!!! But he's been much happier with his patio and his grass patio options. Although the grass patio is about to be a dirt patio before too long. We've been grazing some, walking some, and even doing our pillar homework. And he's had one horse stuck with him at all times, so that is helping. Especially when it's the girls. And I also think it helps that he can hang out with them over the stall wall.. and him and Funny are grooming each other. 

He's still been pretty happy too! He has started pinning his ears at me some again when I'm feeding him. Which is fine. That is probably somewhat going to stay all the time. And I'm sure that as the newness of being less painful on that side wears off, he'll realize he still hurts on the other side. But I'm highly optimistic that this has been the big piece of the puzzle! 

We went for a walk today and tried to find different terrain. I had to work all day and was pooped so we only did a short morning and a short evening walk. And tomorrow I have to work too so he'll only get short walks again. But then Friday, Saturday and Sunday we'll do more arena pillar work and ground pole work. 

I'm so proud of him!

Oh, and there are perks to getting up extra early to have time to do stalls and walk  and graze him!



















No comments:

Post a Comment