Sunday, May 5, 2024

Enjoying each other

Today Dan and I went for a hack with Sharon and Baylor. We had a great time. I had to push back our ride time a hair because I got stuck at the grocery store longer than I meant to, so we sort of got caught by the rain. It wasn't supposed to hit til 5ish, but.. it was 3:45 or so when it hit. 

 
We got on the trails around 2 pm and planned to do a hack with some trotting and cantering and then we were going to come back and go bareback to the lake. We had a nice hack. It was a pretty day and they both were happy to trot and canter politely together. Baylor was moving slower than Dan so every once in awhile he would trot to catch up. And Dan would stop and turn to talk to him. Hee hee. We decided he was telling Baylor that if he just marched on he wouldn't have to trot. Hee hee. 
 

As we were in the back part, I got a lightning alert on my phone and we noticed it was starting to look dark. We decided to head back and the we could reassess about the lake. By the time we got to the back side of the lake and then across the bridge by the beavers, it was getting dark and windy! And then it started to rain. 

 
 

By the time we got to the arenas it was raining good and started to rain heavily as we untacked. I looked at the radar and it looked like a fairly serious storm overhead, a brief break, and then more, so we just headed home. I have more studying to do anyways. It was pouring on the way home! And then of course about 10 minutes after we got home, it poured again. Like... so much it flooded our porch! And now it's hot and steamy. 

 
So oh well. No lake time but at least a nice hack. We had fun. I do love this horse so much!

 







This is what it looked like when we got home. 



No comments:

Post a Comment