Saturday, May 25, 2024

TEENAGER!!!! I Have a teenager!!

 Happy Birthday Danimal!!! How are you already 13? I remember when you were just a teeny little boy. 

 

I'm so proud of you and how you turned out. You're smart, talented, athletic, kind, giving, you try hard, you're brave, you put up with my crap and are game for anything (well, almost anything), and you are hilarious. You're a great big brother and a great little brother. Thanks for being amazing and making my life better and teaching me things. I love you buddy.

 

I'm so very sorry that your birthday was spent in "jail" instead of at the lake. But hopefully we'll be splashing to our hearts content soon!

 

Today was a good day though, wasn't it?! 

 

We woke up to the power being off and no fans.. no water... But it was cool enough. You got roundpen time while I cleaned stalls and then just as I was about to start setting up feed... I prayed for God to get the power back on so I could feed you guys and make sure you had water and fans on since both Mike and I were going to be gone til the early afternoon. And I debated whether I should try to do something else first to give the power more time... and it came on! Like literally seconds after I finished my prayer! Thank you God!

 

After everyone was fed and I put you back in your stall I had to run to Ashland to volunteer. I scribed and it was fun. However, a pop up storm came (there was NO rain in the radar!) and it hit hard. So the show got cancelled. So instead of volunteering til 1ish, I was able to head home at noon. Since it was still raining at home, I laid down for an hour. Because... I'm exhausted. Flat out exhausted! I am not sure I slept but I did rest. Then when my alarm went off, the sun was out. So... I turned Dan back out for some more snacking in the roundpen and then I ate lunch. Then Dan and I headed up to the arena for some rehab work. We did our pillar walks... we played with straddle the pole and side pass over the half pole. We did the raised poles and poles on the ground. We also cheated and did a few seconds of trotting in hand. His poor little sheath is getting swollen and I'm wondering if it's from lack of movement. Dan was a good boy and we played for a bit. Then we headed out in the pasture for some more hills and terrain and also...snacks! We spent about 45 minutes out there but a good bit of it was grazing. 

 

Then I put them back up in their stalls because it was hot and I rode Funny. When I got back inside... I left them all inside for a little bit because it was so hot, but then I looked out and didn't see Dan in his stall. Hmmm... napping?? About 10 minutes later I looked again and no Dan and as I walked to the kitchen I thought I noticed his big spotted butt in Lyrics stall. Nah.. must be Fleck. But then a few minutes later I actually checked and yep... there is Dan... standing happily in Lyrics stall. Ummm..... sir! How did you get there??  Apparently after I rode Funny and walked her through the pasture to get to the washrack, I didn't entirely shut the gate from Dan's grass patio to the pasture. And he figured it out. Luckily it was so hot that he just put himself in the other stall. I guess. I hope! I didn't hear any commotion so I'm guessing he didn't go galloping around the pasture. Good boy... I guess! I put him back and made sure that I had all the gates fully shut now. 

I gave him a little bit more time in the rounden grazing and did stalls and set up waters and fed the dogs and cats. As I was about to bring him in, the fan flyers were out and about. And I caught Dan looking up at them too! I guess it runs in the family. (Funny was staring up at the fan the other day). Silly ponies!

Oh, and he did get some splashing when I gave Funny her bath. I tried to pull his stitches out the other day but it was a hair too early as the incision started to open. So I stapled him back up, which means... no bath yet. Which sucks because he is dirty! Though I did groom him again today. And he's much less cranky for it. (may be the trazadone, but... may not be!). So hopefully in a few more days I can pull out the staples and then he can get a bath.. before surgery #2!!

Happy Birthday D-Rexy. I love you so much! Oh, and he of course got carrots and lots of treats!

 
Poor Dan.. so many kisses!!! hee hee... 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment